Monday, December 31, 2012

It's the End of 2012

It's the last day of 2012 and I have a few minutes to reflect on the past 365 days before I get ready to celebrate the beginning of what is going to be one incredibly busy and eventful year.

It seems like the past year was about endings.  After lots of planning and waiting for the right time My Farmer has ended being a farmer. 

That doesn't just mean the end of a life time of work but for us also the end of the stress and the worry of trying to seed, grow and harvest in some very questionable weather. 

It means the end of living in southern Saskatchewan.  It means the end of living on our little acreage.

 It is the end of walks along a country road and getting pelleted by gravel and dust when the drivers refuse to slow down when they go past.  No more do I have to drive to the next little town to pick up my mail.  It's the end of being 45 minutes away from the convenience of doctors, dentists, grocery stores and shopping malls.

 It's the end of strapping the patio table down to the deck with lag bolts to keep it from blowing away in the wind. 

It's the end of my pretty little gardens and the yellow finches that entertained me while eating at my feeders.

It's the end of long prairie sunsets out of my living room window, some of them would take your breath away they were so amazingly beautiful.

It's the end of some of the loneliest days of my life but don't be to sad for me because those lonely hours gave me so much time to make Art. 








 Hooray for 2013 and a Year of New Beginnings.



2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! and to new beginnings. I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful art. Your lovely artwork is hung on the wall right above my workspace...it inspires me everytime I look at it. Are you in Lifebook 2013? or Letterlove 201? Can't wait to get started creating with the new classes. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will see you in Letterlove 201 Sharon and Im looking forward to writing in my Calendar Journal starting tomorrow!

      Delete