Thursday, January 15, 2015

Taking classes on-line.

Art is not a thing, it's a way.


One of my favorite things to do during the long winter, especially since our weather isn't that great and I don't feel guilty for staying inside out of the cold, is take a couple on-line art classes.

There are hundreds of options for classes so I first have to find an artist who's work appeals to me.  Then I see if I can afford it, some classes are really high, to me that is anything over $50.00 and some are as low as $5-7, there are even free classes. 

I sighed up for Kate Crane's Journal Soup classes 1 and 2.  Here is a link so you can check it out if you like. http://www.thekathrynwheel.blogspot.com/.  Kate is from the UK.  Once converted to Canadian funds, I ended up paying just over $18.00 for the Journal Soup 1 and under $35.00 for the bigger Journal Soup 2 class.


What I love most about my home is who I share it with.

Kate has mastered the art of Mixed Media but I have a long way to go to feel comfortable with all those layers of gesso, paint, stamps and pens.  It's very easy to end up with a page of MUD.

 Even with the mud pages though nothing is wasted.  A little more gesso and you start again.  How forgiving is that!

  
 

It's not enough to have the feather, you must dare to fly.
 
 
 
I had a wonderful, messy brushes, stuff spread out all over my work space, dirty finger week while I worked my way through Journal soup.  I loved every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment