Saturday, January 2, 2016

Review of 2015 - ArtSpa

2015 was a busy and wonderful year with lots of things accomplished.

What I didn't get do was post many blogs.  You see, we don't have a very good internet connection at our home in the forest.  I write blogs but often can't post them. 

What I think I will do this winter is go through my drafts of blogs and post them now.


September of 2015, my first ArtSpa weekend.

(I plan on at least 2 ArtSpas in 2016, one in June and one in September.)

Here is a little story of my first ArtSpa.


Now that my Studio is set up I am ready to start sharing my beautiful space and that means Art retreats, classes, art shows and workshops. 

I invited some girl friends to join me for a weekend and we had my very first Artfulness retreat. 

I planned projects, set up bedrooms, cooked and prepped for the weekend and then on Friday afternoon everyone started to arrive. 









We jumped right in and got our creative juices flowing with some stamping, water colour painting, stenciling and I introduced the ladies to my Gelli print pad. 


Saturday after a breakfast of fresh muffins, bagels, coffee, fruit and juice we went for a short easy hike. We took our time and really looked. 
















We found lots of berries, flowers and hundreds of mushrooms.  The sun was shining, chickadees were singing and the temperature was perfect.







We took lots of pictures,
picked a few flowers and
then took them and
our sketch books
to the outside table
to practice drawing.

              Nothing fancy, just got the basic shapes down and
recorded a little about what we saw and where we were. 

This is a great way to start any creative session. 












It was a beautiful morning and I had a little trouble getting the ladies to move back inside to the studio.




 We spent the rest of the day painting, stamping, stenciling and laughing.  The ladies had a great time and were pretty pleased with what they accomplished in such a short time.


Supper and visiting in the evening, then off to bed so we could get back to being creative in the morning.  It was a little cooler outside the next day so we went right to the studio and started working on our second canvas. 

We did intuitive painting and then painted the negative space to find the subject inside.  Breaking out of your rut and trying something new stretches your creativeness.
 

It was hard to stop on Sunday and I don't think anyone really wanted to go home.  So we relaxed on the deck and enjoyed each others company for a little while longer. 

Great times!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment