Monday, January 11, 2016

week one Hibiscus

Besides my regular painting, Im going to attempt one painting a week or 52 paintings of a specific theme in 2016 and have picked my garden flowers as my topic.  Since I move from Saskatchewan to Texas during the year my garden flowers are pretty varied.





Week One:   Hibiscus

There are several hundred species of Hibiscus.  They are  native to warm temperature and tropical regions throughout the world.  The tea can be made of hibiscus flowers and is served both hot and cold.  The beverage is well known for its color, tanginess and flavor.  Hibiscus tea is popular as a natural diuretic.  It contains vitamin C and minerals, and is used traditionally as a mild medicine that may even lower cholesterol.   Tuck a flower behind your right ear if you are single or openly available for a relationship.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment